For all of us and especially people over 50 and those who are solo agers, staying connected is a challenge with the pandemic.
Yet it is critical for mental and emotional health. This conversation addresses how to stay connected as well as the importance with ideas and solutions including easy to use smartphone and computer apps.
Paul Long discusses all of this with Dr. Sara Zeff Geber who is the 2018 recipient of the “Influencers in Aging” designation by PBS’ Next Avenue, is an author, certified retirement coach, and professional speaker on retirement and aging. She has developed a niche specialty working with “Solo Agers,” people who have no children or who are aging alone. Dr. Geber is the author of the 2018 book, Essential Retirement Planning for Solo Agers: A Retirement and Aging Roadmap for Single and Childless Adults, which was recently selected as a “best book on aging well” by the WSJ. Sara is a regular contributor to Forbes.com on the topics of aging and retirement.
How will this pandemic change our lives, the economy, work, and so many other factors once we’ve conquered it? Now is the time to start preparing and thinking about it. Especially if you’re over 50. To help keep up with the potential changes we will be facing, ProBoomer will be posting regular half-hour interviews with experts in a myriad of areas.
• Chris Farrell from Marketplace and NextAvenue on a broad range of economic impacts.
• Sara Geber on staying connected with people and the challenges for solo agers.
• Robert Laura on retirement planning both financial and life aspects. • Karen Sands who was recently chosen as one of the top 50 female futurists in the world by Forbes magazine. A look at the future with people over 50 in mind.
• Dr. Rob McCurdy who is in charge of emergency medicine for multiple emergency rooms.
• Rich Eisenberg of NextAvenue who is exceptionally in the know regarding 50+ trends
• Bob Foley, a long-time HR executive on the state of employment and where future opportunities may lie …and others as well.
In many cases, this team of experts will be interviewed on a regular ongoing basis because this situation is going to be ever-changing. If you have questions for these or other topics, please send them along and subscribe (for free) to www.proboomer.com for more helpful information, insights and tools.
ProBoomer: https://proboomer.com/ YouTube: http://bit.ly/3aW6XvS LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/paul-long-07a5a02 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/proboomers/